September 7 “Be My, Be My Baby” (Episode 2-12)
- Fittingly, the Labor Day episode features Anne going into labor. Anne gives birth at home with the help of her dog Moose and Amy, Ashley, and George. The baby’s name is Robie.
- Ben and Amy work on their relationship, but can they make things work out?
- George and Ashley pack up to move back to the Juergens’ home.
- Adrian and Ricky decide to pursue counseling.
Reid Scott again appears as Kathleen’s boyfriend Jeff. Jack and Grace faces a problem in their relationship which forces them to make difficult decisions.
2.1 June 22 “The Big One”
Mimsy’s back with a much younger man who’s either her driver or her lover. Grace and Jack have sex. Anne’s pregnant, but who’s the father? Ben’s uncomfortable with Ricky spending time at Amy’s. He’s also uncomfortable with Amy’s larger-than-usual breasts. Ben’s dad Leo is dating Betty the hooker (Jennifer Coolidge).
THE SECRET LIFE OF THE AMERICAN TEENAGER – “The Big One” – The second season finds Anne dealing with the surprising news of her own pregnancy, while Amy slowly adjusts to motherhood and a new life filled with midnight feedings and diaper changes. Meanwhile, Grace and Jack take their relationship to the next level, but just when things are starting to come together, an unexpected tragedy changes everything, on “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” premiering MONDAY, JUNE 22 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on ABC Family. (ABC FAMILY/RANDY HOLMES) KEN BAUMANN, SHAILENE WOODLEY
(Copyright © 2008 ABC, Inc. / RANDY HOLMES)
2.2 June 29 “What’s Done is Done”
Grace feels incredibly guilty. Ben tries to figure out where he fits in Amy’s life.
THE SECRET LIFE OF THE AMERICAN TEENAGER – “What’s Done is Done” – Grace is struggling with what has happened, whilst Ben wonders what part he plays in Amy’s new life, on “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” premiering MONDAY, JUNE 29 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on ABC Family. (ABC FAMILY/RANDY HOLMES) SHAILENE WOODLEY, MOLLY RINGWALD
2.3 July 6 “Par for the Course”
Ricky tries to help Grace after she withdraws from everyone. “Going and Coming” George doesn’t like that David knocked up Anne. Grace and Jack regret having sex. Everyone at school knows they’re no longer virgins.
THE SECRET LIFE OF THE AMERICAN TEENAGER – “Par for the Course” – When Grace begins to pull away from everyone, Ricky takes it upon himself to try to help her out, on “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” premiering MONDAY, JULY 6 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on ABC Family. (ABC FAMILY/RANDY HOLMES) TOM VIRTUE, LUKE ZIMMERMAN, JOSIE BISSETT, MEGAN PARK
2.4 July 2009 “The Summer of Our Discontent”
- George is served divorce papers. Anne’s surprised to meet David’s parents, as he leads her to believe they’re clients.
- Grace turns down offers to go to cheerleading camp or medical camp because she’s still depressed.
- Ben’s not happy his dad’s engaged to Betty.
- Ben’s heading to Italy for the summer.
Saturday, August 1, 2009 ABC Family will air the 12 episodes that aired January-March from 7 AM to 7 PM. Monday, August 3 the six episodes of season 2 that have already aired will air from 2-8 PM.
August 3 “Summertime” (Episode 2-7)
THE SECRET LIFE OF THE AMERICAN TEENAGER – “Summertime” – George tells a secret to Anne, and summer vacation is coming to end, on “The Secret Life of the American Teenager,” on MONDAY, AUGUST 3 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), on ABC Family. (ABC FAMILY/RANDY HOLMES) KEN BAUMANN, SHAILENE WOODLEY
(Copyright © 2008 ABC, Inc. / RANDY HOLMES)
- George makes a big revelation to Anne. If you can’t guess what the revelation is, you clearly haven’t been watching the show this season.
- Summer’s over and school’s back in session. Ashley’s attending high school for the first time. Ricky’s protective of Ashley at school. Ashley meets and quickly befriends a gay freshman named Griffin (Brando Eaton).
- Remember how Ricky and Adrian were discussing their commitment to each other? Well commitment didn’t work out for either of them, as they’re both sleeping with other people.
- Madison dumped Jason but is having doubts about it.
- In class, almost all of the teens are thinking about sex. Henry and Alice have had oral sex. Ben blurts out his thoughts about Amy. Will Ben dump Amy?
August 10 “A New Kind of Green” (Episode 2-8)
Here are some spoilerish pictures (LQ) from episode 2.07 and 2.08.
- Ashley and Griffin made a pact not to date guys in high school but Griffin’s committment to the pact wavers. Ashley has a love interest named Mark.
- Adrian pushes George and Anne together so she can get George’s house for her family.
August 17 “Hot Nuts” (Episode 2-9)
THE SECRET LIFE OF THE AMERICAN TEENAGER – “Hot Nuts” – Adrian and Amy’s fighting escalates and Ricky intervenes, on “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” premiering MONDAY, AUGUST 17 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on ABC Family. (ABC FAMILY/RANDY HOLMES) MARK DERWIN, MOLLY RINGWALD
(Copyright © 2008 ABC, Inc. / RANDY HOLMES)
- Ben may have had sex in Italy and fears his dad knows about it.
- Adrian and Amy continue to fight, leading Ricky to intervene.
- George has a special needs dog that can call 911, which comes in handy when Anne goes into labor. George, Amy, and Ashley help Anne give birth at home.
August 24 “Knocked Up, Who’s There?” (Episode 2-10)
- The teens attend a church event where Grace is introduced as a girl who everyone knows has had sex. Grace makes an impression on Adrian.
- Ashley spends time with her love interest, Mark. Griffin tells Mark’s mother that Mark’s in love with Ashley.
- Amy gets mad when Ben wants her to talk to a pregnant teen (Rumer Willis). Amy does offer the teen advice. Amy attempts to maintain Ben’s attention.
August 31 “Cramped” (Episode 2-11)
- Amy’s jealous when Ashley gets her own room in the garage. Ricky tells George that Ashley shouldn’t have her own space.
- Although Adrian seems uninterested in him, Ricky pursues her anyway.
- While trying to buy feminine protection for Grace, Jack runs into Grace’s mom Kathleen–who’s with a younger guy and is buying condoms.
- Betty’s having a yard sale to get rid of her hooker stuff as she prepares to marry Leo.
September 7 No known title (Episode 2-12)This will be the last episode of 2009. The show will probably return in January.
Probably January 2010
“You Don’t Know What You’ve Got”
- Maria, the Italian girl who Ben met in Italy, shows up in town. Ben hides her in his closet but when his father exits, Ben and Maria make out! Ben stops this because he’s still with Amy. Maria calls her father and tells him she wants him to get Ben for her!
- The teens skip school to go to the beach. Leo’s mad because Ben takes Leo’s new Mercedes. Maria shows up at the beach; through binoculars, Anne sees the girl kiss Ben.
- Grace admits to Jack she kissed someone; he doesn’t believe it was a quick kiss.
- Mayim Bialik joins the show in the role of Dr. Bink, the new guidance counselor. Unlike her predecessor, she’s a bit mentally unstable and evil.
“Til It’s Gone”
- Kathleen and her boyfriend Jeff (Reid Scott) are discovered in bed by his mother, who’s not at all embarrassed by this.
- Amy flirts with a boy named Jimmy in the grocery store. Jimmy gives Amy the nickname “Pimento.” He’s the son of Anne’s high school boyfriend, Josh, who wants Anne to kiss him.
- Jack thinks Grace is cheating on him by masturbating. She doesn’t care what he thinks, because she’s in a great mood.
“Loved and Lost”
- Ricky apologizes to Adrian for cheating on her, and they kiss.
- Tammy’s parents come to Kathleen, as Tom and Tammy have broken up. We learn Tom wanted sex from Tammy, and wasn’t simply happy with having phone sex. Tom announces to Tammy’s parents and his family that he’s going to marry Adrian because they love each other.
“Just Say Me”
- Griffin is still around with Ashley, who doesn’t have a boyfriend.
- Ben and Amy have split up. A girl asks Ben for help with her Italian homework. Amy pointedly tells the girl that Ben’s very good with Italians. Amy runs into Jimmy again, this time at school.
- A good looking guy asks Lauren out on a date.
- Grace has come up with a new sexual movement called Just Say Me, which is all about masturbation. The girls at school love it, while the guys feel threatened. It makes the news.
“The Second Time Around”
- Amy kisses Jimmy.
- Griffin sends Ashley a pizza–more specifically, he sends her his cousin, a pizza delivery boy who’s 16, named Grant, and who falls madly for Ashley at first sight. The two may make out before the night’s over.
- Will George and Anne get back together? George heads to Mimsy’s house to see Anne; instead, he finds Anne’s high school sweetheart Josh there, holding Anne’s baby. When Anne heads back home to see George, she sees him chatting with another woman, and she leaves before he sees her. (George is chatting with the woman because his dog impregnated her dog.)
[GIRL] Legal 18 to play 16-18. This beautiful young Italian girl comes to visit Ben (Kenny Baumann) after they have spent a summer together in Bologna…ONE-DAY GUEST STAR / ACTOR MUST SPEAK FLUENT ITALIAN
[POLICE OFFICER] 40s. MALE. This by-the-books police officer pulls over some students after they skip school…CO-STAR / PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIESSource: SpoilerTV
This episode starts filming on the 6th July.
[MA] 60s. This woman is Kathleen’s (Josie Bissett) new boyfriend, Jeff’s (Reid Scott) mother. She finds him and Kathleen in bed and has a discussion with them about their future…ONE-DAY GUEST STAR
[JIMMY] Legal 18 to play 16-18. This good-looking guy meets Amy (Shailene Woodley) in the grocery store. He is the son of Anne’s (Molly Ringwald) high school boyfriend. Jimmy and Amy flirt with one another before Anne drags her off.sptv050769..ONE- DAY GUEST STAR / POSSIBLE RECURRINGSource: SpoilerTV
- Shawn Johnson will return to the show in 2010, in scenes with Jack and Grace.
- There will be conflict between Ricky and Amy over who gets to take care of John, and Ricky may take legal action to get what he wants.
- Adrian’s family will eventually move into the house George now owns. Adrian continues to have an on-again-off-again relationship with Ricky, and we’ll learn more of her backstory to explain why she loves sex more than her peers.
- According to Ken Baumann (Ben) something huge happens with Ben around episode 23 of this season; that will probably air in March 2010. Yes, that’s a vague spoiler.
- Amy loses sleep, misses several social events, and struggles juggling a baby, a job, a boyfriend, and her friends.
- Someone slaps Ben.
- Adrian’s parents reunite and move with Adrian into a house. Their neighbors are someone we already know. Adrian continues to have an on-again-off-again relationship with Ricky, and we’ll learn more of her backstory to explain why she loves sex more than her peers.
- Can you give me any scoops on the upcoming season of The Secret Life of the American Teenager? I heard some rumors about a death! — Christina TIM: Those aren’t just rumors, Christina. Someone dies, and the death affects pretty much everyone on the show. You can also expect conflict between Ben and Ricky as they try to share dad duties, and a baby for Molly Ringwald’s Anne Jeurgen — which means her child and her grandson (the baby born to 15-year-old Amy last season) will grow up together. The new season premieres June 22. Source: TV Guide Online
- A significant male character will die early into the season. And something happens as a result of it that will probably piss off the [insert name of conservative TV watchdog group]. (Michael Ausiello) A reader says the death will be Grace’s dad.
- What’s going on with Ricky and Amy’s relationship on The Secret Life of the American Teenager? We caught up with Daren Kagasoff, who plays Ricky, and here’s what he told us: “I think deep down he wants to be with her and he wants to try to make this work, but the stage he’s at in his life right now, it’s just not going to happen. And I think his main focus right now is just trying to be the best dad he can to the kid, regardless of if his relationship with Amy works out. So, that’s his main objective—just taking care of the kid.” Source: Kristin on E!Online
- Rumer Willis is having a baby! At least she’ll be pretending to have one on The Secret Life of the American Teenager. Bruce and Demi’s actress-offspring will play a pregnant teen in an episode to air in mid-August. Secret Life’s second season gets underway June 22. Source: EW
- You don’t talk about it much, but do you have any scoop on the next season of Secret Life of the American Teenager? We just caught up with Amy herself (Shailene Woodley), who tells us, “I’m in love with my boyfriend, who is not the father of my baby. And the father of my baby, I don’t really like him, but there’s always that question in the back of my mind: ‘He is the father, so could he be my boyfriend someday?’ There’s a lot of drama [this season], just in the sense that my boyfriend Ben gets very jealous because Ricky’s at my house every night taking care of the baby, and Ben thinks maybe something else is going on.” Source: Kristin on E!Online
- The Secret Life of the American Teenager premieres Monday, June 22nd @ 8/7c on ABC Family.
- Question: Do you have any scoops on the new season of The Secret Life of The American Teenager? Ausiello: I have a scoop: Brando Eaton (Mental, Bones) has been cast as Ashley’s new gay sidekick, Griffin. Source: The Ausiello Files
(Copyright © 2008 ABC, Inc. )
Secret Life Season 3 Promo
Source: Cinema Blend
When the second season of The Secret Life of the American Teenager wrapped up, Amy went from being pregnant teen to full-on teen mom. The third season is set to premiere in June and we’ll get to see where the story’s going to go for Amy, her friends and her family. Amy’s a new mom in high school and she’s missing out on everything! Yeah, apparently, being a teen mom isn’t the party you might think it would be. Based on the promo for the third season (below), Amy’s not loving missing out on all the fun. And speaking of fun, it looks like Grace and Jack might be ready to seal the deal. Think they’ll go through with it? Also, what’s this big secret they’re teasing us with?
The Secret Life of the American Teenager Season 2 Preview
The Secret Life of the American Teenager Season 2 Clip
The Secret Life of the American Teenager
Secret Life of the American Teenager: Death, Babies & Drama
Source: Kristin on E!Online
ABC FAMILY/BOB D’AMICO, ABC FAMILY/RANDY HOLMES
In the season-two premiere of The Secret Life of the American Teenager, somebody major dies, somebody gets pregnant and somebody loses their virginity. But what we’re more excited about is that at some point this season, which kicks off June 22 on ABC Family, Rumer Willis will be guest starring.
Yes, the offspring of Demi Moore and Bruce Willis is making an appearance this season. Rumer, who did a bang-up job on Medium as a prostitute recently, will play a pregnant teen. “It’s very dramatic how she comes onto the show,” says Francia Raisa (Adrian Lee). “There’s always a chance she can come back and do another episode. But I can’t say more.”
But she and her costars, Shailene Woodley (teen Amy Juergens, who just gave birth to baby John) and Daren Kagasoff (Ricky, Amy’s baby daddy), did say more about what’s in store for the kids this season…
Adrian’s Sexual Past: “You learn more of Adrian’s backstory about why she’s so into the sex and why it’s not so dramatic for her like most people,” says Francia. “And I know there is more sex involved and a lot more regrets when it comes to sex. Some people lose their virginity in the new season.”
Amy, Ricky & Ben Make Three: “It’s kind of a love triangle,” says Shailene. “I mean, I’m in love with my boyfriend [Ben] who is not the father of my baby. And then, the father of my baby [Ricky], you know, I don’t really like him. But there’s always that question in the back of my mind, like, he is the father, so could he be my boyfriend one day? There’s a lot drama just in the sense that my boyfriend, Ben, gets very jealous of Ricky because he’s at my house every night taking care of the baby. And Ben thinks something else is going on. It’s this difficult triangle.”
Death Comes a Knocking: “I think everybody is affected by it,” says Daren. “Because it kind of brings a realization to every family in the show that this could happen to your family as well. So that is a big element that I think it’ll be great for viewers to see. And we were all at the funeral when it was shot. So we all kind of had a place. It brings everyone together.”
The Secret Life of the American Teenager returns to ABC Family June 22 at 8 p.m.
Are you in on Secret Life? What do you make of all the baby drama, and who do you think dies in the first new episode?
‘Secret Life of The American Teenager’: Who’s dying? Who’s getting engaged? Who’s giving it up?
Source: Zap2It’s Korbi TV
“Secret Life of the American Teenager” returns this week and I’ve got exclusive scoop on what’s to come. To get you set for this second season premiere, I thought I’d answer some of your questions today…
I heard someone is dying on the “Secret Life” show. Is it one of the series regulars or some random character that we barely even know?
Oh no, we know this person pretty well. He — yes, it’s a “he”! — has been on the show since the beginning and will be killed off in a tragic, dramatic accident.
So Molly Ringwald’s character on “Secret Life of The American Teenager” is pregnant?
Yep. Knocked up by that guy she started seeing last season and I’m hearing they’ll soon be engaged.
Grace is the person losing their virginity on “Secret Life,” isn’t she? I mean, she’s pretty much the only one left who hasn’t done it. Unless it’s Ashley.
It’s not Ashley.
Now that Amy’s had the baby, what will happen between her, Ricky and Ben.
She and Ben are still together, but they’re in for a rocky road this year as Ricky becomes more involved in Amy and the baby’s life. Actually, Ben won’t be all about Amy and only Amy forever…
Got any scoop on The Secret Life of the American Teenager? There’s a big shocker in the next season of, according to Shailene Woodley, who plays Amy Juergens. She tells us, “Next season we heard that someone dies. I can’t imagine any character not on the show, so I have no idea who it might be.” Source: Kristin on E!Online
The Saint of Secret Life Spills Season 2 Secrets
Source: TV Guide Online
Ken Baumann, Secret Life of the American Teenager
The secret of The Secret Life of the American Teenager is out: Monday’s Season 1 finale included the long-awaited birth of baby John and the beginning of Amy’s new life with her boyfriend, Ben. But Ken Baumann, the multitalented 19-year-old behind the role — he’s written two novels, and several stories you can read here — promises plenty of other secrets await. He talked to us about a major death when Season 2 starts in June, Ben’s dynamic with Ricky, the father of Amy’s baby, and whether Ben will finally get to stop solving everyone else’s problems.
TVGuide.com: Ben is kind of a saint. He’s always counseling the people around him, including the father of his girlfriend’s baby and his own father. Will we ever see him freak out or reveal a not-so-good side? Baumannn: Yes. There is certainly a little more temptation for Ben to go down the wicked path. And first of all, I’d like to thank you very much for being the first person to say Ben is a saint. I’ve never heard that before, but I’ve always kind of felt that reading the scripts, like, “Wow! This guy, he can just take it! He can take the pain!” But yeah, there’s certainly a more challenging arc for Ben ahead. He’s got a lot of problems that he’s going to have to deal with. I can say that he does not get pregnant, so you can rule that out as a possibility.
TVGuide.com: Ben and Ricky work out a deal to be kind of co-dads in the season finale. But that can’t last, can it? Baumann: I think the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I think they’re going to try. You know, who knows? I’m sure that that sort of situation has worked out, but I think it’ll take a lot of patience and a lot of maturity from two hot-headed 15-year-old kids. But I think it’s inevitable for it to crumble a little bit. It’s not going to be perfect but it provides for some interesting television.
TVGuide.com: For Season 2, now that the baby’s born and her secret life is kind of over, how does the focus of the show change? Baumann: I think that the focus remarkably is still pretty centered on the family dynamic of the Juergens. Once you’ve had the baby, sure, the baby secret is revealed, but at the same time you’re having a 15-year-old freshman in high school raise a child with two warring fathers and parents in the midst of a divorce and sister precariously balanced on the edge of good and bad. I think there’s certainly enough to keep the show propelled. There is no end to the drama. It seems to only have gotten a lot more complicated. I think, yeah, the secret’s out but at the same time, these are all teenagers and they’re going to create a never-ending recursive loop of secret-creation.
TVGuide.com: And someone dies next season? Baumann: Yes, someone does die! I don’t think I can disclose who…
TVGuide.com: Can you say how tragic it is? If we assume an old person’s death is less tragic than a very young person’s death… Baumann: I’ll tell you this: It’s incredibly tragic and it has a very, very wide effect. Young and old alike, everyone is mourning. It certainly presents a lot of problems. … I don’t know if I can essentially say, “Oh, it’s a kid,” or “Oh, it’s a parent,” but everyone is affected, really harshly too. There are a few key younger people that are very affected.
TVGuide.com: But we can assume it’s not the baby? Baumann: Oh, God no. I will go so far as to say no. That would be awful, awful, awful.
TVGuide.com: Secret Life is one show that doesn’t seem afraid to talk about religion. Does that apply to the cast too? Baumann: I think that everyone realizes that the show from the get-go has been very morally centered. It definitely has a moral imperative. … I grew up in Texas, so I grew up in the South, I kind of grew up in the bucket of the Bible belt, so the religious stuff with Grace and Jack, it certainly rings true. I knew kids like that. So I think everyone is on board because they realize it’s well-written. We all believe it. If it was dealt with in a way that was just really over-the-top and two-dimensional, then I think you would have some division in the cast. But I think everyone’s happy that that’s being brought up because, my God, that’s 40 percent or 35 percent of people in this country. So I think that by leaving that out you’re kind of doing a disservice to your audience. What did you think of the Secret Life finale? Are you excited for Season 2 in June?