‘Greek’s’ got Garofalo this week, plus new love for Ashleigh & Rusty…
Source: Zap2It’s Korbi TV
Alright, so, after tonight we’ll be three episodes into “Greek“‘s current season and I’ve been getting some questions about what’s coming up, thought I’d answer a few…
Oh, and Janeane Garofalo‘s guest appearance is this evening.
You mentioned just a few posts ago that Ashleigh would be be finding romance, could it possibly be with Beaver? I was just catching up on Monday’s episode and noticed that in the previews the gentleman Ashleigh was kissing looked very much like Beaver. I think he is a funny character, so why not? Any scoop on that?
Ha! Beaver. Interesting. Actually, Beaver might be getting a little action this evening. But not with Ashleigh. I believe there’s a girl who’s super into his fashion choice for tonight’s KT party and there could be a connection there… Ashleigh will be otherwise occupied with a new member of the ZBZ family. No, she’s not the girl who may be going gay (that’s Rebecca, by the way, keep it hush hush). The sorority is hiring a hasher by the name of Fisher to do kitchen duty type things in the house and he’s, uh, super hot. The ZBZ ladies will lose their minds over him and so Ashleigh, being the responsible president that she is, gets creative in protecting him from them. And he seems to be quite appreciative of her efforts.
Are we meeting Rusty’s love interest this week?
We are. But we’ll also be watching her make out with Jesse McCartney this week, so… yeah. She’s cool though. You’ll like her anyway. She’s introduced in an art history class that Rusty, Dale and Calvin take together and she and Rusty will become friends quickly… ZBZ is looking for extra pledges and Rusty sort of facilitates her bid. She’s new to the school and doesn’t really know anyone, so it works out.
When will Max and Casey break up? When will Casey and Cappie get back together?
You’re going to have to wait a bit longer… Max is going to take a leave of absence from CRU later this season, leaving Casey and Cappie to get reacquainted, but as of right now, Max and Case are still good. Actually, it’s Max and Cappie that are having problems. There will be a confrontation between the two of them this evening. The word “douche” will be involved. You’ll like it.
What is going on with Evan on “Greek” this year? I haven’t heard much.
Evan is lost. He needs help actually. You’ll see tonight. There’s an interesting reveal coming…
“Greek” is awesome! So glad it’s back. Can you tell me which house Jesse McCartney’s character is going to choose?
Seems the hardworking football recruit has a laid back, beer guzzling, breakfast-on-a-stick eating side to him that’s just itching to come out. Source: Zap2It’s Korbi TV
Jesse McCartney will only be hanging out on Greek for six episodes, but that’s just enough time for him to choose a frat. Jesse teases, “Calvin is trying to get me to join the Omega Chi fraternity. Then there is Rusty, who is trying to get me to join Kappa Tau. It’s definitely safe to say it’s between those two. He goes where you probably don’t expect him to go.” (Watch With Kristin)
Episode 2.12: From Rushing With Love Airdate: April 6, 2009
- Now a sophomore, Rusty gets to participate in Rush Week for the first time and he is determined to land Andy as a pledge for Kappa Tau, but Calvin feels the pressure from Evan to get Andy to pledge Omega Chi. Who will prevail in the battle for the big man on campus? Ashleigh and Casey start to doubt Rebecca’s “mole” abilities and begin to question whether she’s actually a double-agent for Frannie’s new sorority when the ZBZ girls’ rush week “Project Runway” fashion skit is successfully sabotaged by Frannie. Source: ABC Family
- Rho Chi: Male, age 20-22, this leader of a group of male rushees at KT house blows a whistle and announces it’s time to move on the to next house. Pretty Rushee: Female, 18 years old, this pretty, sweet rushee at ZBZ talks with Ashleigh and Casey about Frannie’s new house, and agrees that the IKI girls didn’t seem very nice. Source: SpoilerTV
Episode 2.13: Engendered Species Airdate: April 13, 2009
- “Greek” is taking us into the classroom at Cyprus Roades this semester and it is there that we’ll find Ms. Garofalo. Playing a Women Studies professor, she crosses paths with Casey, who may be looking to develop more of a feminist perspective… and Cappie, who is definitely just looking to develop more female relationships. “It’s his intention of course to go in and study the women as opposed to partaking of Women Studies,” Sean Smith laughed. “[Janeane] is just hysterical and she calls him out the second she sees him. Something to the effect of, every semester there’s some guy who comes into this class and he fails academically and otherwise. Good luck!” Source: Zap2It’s Korbi TV
- When Casey discovers that Cappie is taking the same women’s studies class — taught by Professor Freeman (Janeane Garofalo) — she knows that it will complicate her relationship with Max. As a result, Casey decides to enlist the help of her new professor to help Max and Cappie get along. Will her plan work? Meanwhile, Rusty starts his first elective class in Art History, and as a lucky bonus meets a pretty new transfer student, Jordan (Johanna Braddy). Although he’s nervous about talking to her, he finds the courage to invite her to a KT party. But the night of the party he learns that some guys have all the luck, namely the new KT pledge, Andy. At the ZBZ house, Ashleigh hires a new hasher, Fisher, who draws a lot of attention from the sisters of ZBZ — but Fisher only has eyes for Ashleigh. Source: ABC Family
- 03/14 – When Casey discovers that Cappie is taking the same women’s studies class — taught by Professor Freeman (Janeane Garofalo) — she knows that it will complicate her relationship with Max. As a result, Casey decides to enlist the help of her new professor to help Max and Cappie get along. Will her plan work? Meanwhile, Rusty starts his first elective class in Art History, and as a lucky bonus meets a pretty new transfer student, Jordan (Johanna Braddy). Although he’s nervous about talking to her, he finds the courage to invite her to a KT party. But the night of the party he learns that some guys have all the luck, namely the new KT pledge, Andy. At the ZBZ house, Ashleigh hires a new hasher, Fisher (Andrew J. West), who draws a lot of attention from the sisters of ZBZ — but Fisher only has eyes for Ashleigh. Source: ABC Family
- 01/28 – Rusty is going to meet a new girl named Jordan that he falls head over heels for (literally, he falls down some stairs), but Andy (Jesse McCartney) is going to get to her first. Source: Kristin on E!Online
- Fisher: 18-21, male, this hunky, drop dead gorgeous college student who resembles a scruffy, young Brad Pitt, is the new hasher at ZBZ. He gets all the girls hot and bothered, but he’s anxious to stay removed from everyone because he’s been fired from past jobs for engaging in inappropriate relationships. He needs to make money so he can put himself through school, so he doesn’t want any trouble at ZBZ. However, his and one of our Zeta Beta Zeta girl’s attraction for one another won’t be denied. Professor Janet Freeman: Mid 30s to mid 40s, this cool, snappy, intelligent and put-together professor (think Tina Fey) teaches Women in Politics and earns Casey’s admiration. Professor Freeman warns Cappie that each year there is a token male in the course who fails, both academically and with the female students. She also gives Casey advice on her conflict resolution dilemma. Professor Summerfield: MALE. In his 60s, rumpled, this art history professor teaches Perspectives on the High Renaissance to Rusty, Calvin and Dale’s class. He’s a bit stuffy and hates the internet, but most of the art slides he shows have a sexual element to them that make the class snicker. Jordan: ALE, 18-20. This naturally beautiful, sweet, sexy, and funny “guy’s girl” wears vintage sneakers to class but cleans up really nicely. She catches Rusty’s eye in Art History. They get along famously, and she appreciates his help when she arrives late to class. She becomes a perfect snap pledge for ZBZ, and seemingly the perfect girl for Rusty, too. Recurring guest cast. Source: SpoilerTV
Episode 2.14: Big Littles & Jumbo Shrimp Airdate: April 20, 2009
- When Evan’s brother Patrick (Robert Hoffman) shows up at CRU this season, he puts Ev in a position where he really needs someone to talk to. Of course, longtime fans know that he and Cappie have a history, so Cap kind of understands what Evan is dealing with better than any of the other kids do. “I think there’s a thaw between them,” Sean said. “You know, I love their rapport and the cattiness of it. I don’t want to see them become like best buds, because then it’d just be boring. But there’s less contentiousness between them. It’s not quite as antagonistic as it was before.” Source: Zap2It’s Korbi TV
- Troubled by the recent discovery that Andy hooked up with Jordan, Rusty is hesitant to take Andy on as his little brother. Will Rusty be able to get past the budding relationship to become the big brother Cappie has been to him? When Cappie hears of Rusty’s reluctance, he takes Rusty aside to remind him that he brought Andy as a pledge to the fraternity and it is his responsibility to be the best Big Brother that Rusty can be for him. Meanwhile, when Evan’s real-life brother, Patrick (Robert Hoffman), comes for a visit, their celebration at Dobler’s is interrupted by Cappie and the three end up reminiscing about their old camp days. But later Patrick shocks and disappoints Evan by asking for money. Frustrated by his brother’s actions, Evan takes it out on Frannie. When Casey and Rebecca believe that the thief responsible for stealing the ZBZ food supply is Fisher, they can’t figure out why Ashleigh won’t accept it. But when they dig a little further, Ashleigh reveals the delicious truth. Source: ABC Family
- Patrick: 25-30, a free spirit who’s been bumming around in Costa Rica, he shows up without any advance warning and takes Evan (Jake McDorman) out for drinks and a talk. He is Evan’s big brother and the black sheep of the family. Patrick cast off his trust fund and rejected his parents’ plans for him, because he felt there were too many strings attached. Natalie: 20-22, this cute and extremely timid college student is the President of Gamma Psi house. While at ZBZ, she’s in awe of her surroundings. Natalie confirms the suspicion that Fisher the hasher might be a thief. Barista: 20-22, this surly, stone-faced, female barista at a coffee house is immune to Cappie’s charms. Bar Patron: 20-22, this male bar patron is annoyed when Casey accidentally soaks him with the contents of her shot glass. Source: SpoilerTV
Episode 2.15: Evasive Actions Airdate: April 27, 2009
- When Frannie challenges the sisterhood of ZBZ girls, Casey retaliates by challenging the IKI’s to a game of dodgeball. Which sorority will take the least amount of hits? The dodgeball game is also part of the effort by Casey and Ashleigh to win over Jordan, ZBZ’s new pledge, who reveals that she doesn’t think the sorority is the place for her. Determined to change her mind, Casey and Ashleigh attempt to give Jordan a ZBZ makeover. Meanwhile, Rusty struggles with the fact that Dale is so in love with their new apartment that he never leaves, so Rusty enlists the Kappa Tau’s to invade the house to scare him away. But the plan backfires when the landlord shows up the next morning with a tour (they live in a model apartment), and upon finding remains from the night’s escapades, evicts the boys much to the chagrin of Casey, whose name is on the lease! Source: ABC Family
Episode 2.16: Dearly Beloved Airdate: May 4, 2009
WEDDING BELLS RING AT THE ZBZ HOUSE! CASEY IS CAUGHT BY SURPRISE WHEN MAX GETS DOWN ON ONE KNEE IN AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF “GREEK,” PREMIERING MONDAY, MAY 4 ON ABC FAMILY
Collette Wolfe (“17 Again”) Guest Stars as Casey’s Grand-Big Sis, Kiki, Johanna Braddy (“Fame”) Returns as Jordan and Michael Rady (“Melrose Place”) Continues His Role as Max, Casey’s Boyfriend. Casey’s (Spencer Grammer) grand-big sister, Kiki (Collette Wolfe), is back at Cyprus-Rhodes University for her wedding and all the ZBZ girls are invited. Amidst all the wedding frenzy, Max decides it’s time to take his relationship with Casey to the next level and gets down on one knee. How will Casey react to Max’s bold move? Find out in an all-new episode of the ABC Family hit series GREEK, premiering Monday, May 4, 2009 (8:00 – 9:00 PM ET/PT). The episode, entitled “Dearly Beloved,” was directed by Melanie Mayron and written by Michael Berns.
Meanwhile, with Andy (Jesse McCartney) out of town, Jordan (Johanna Braddy) ends up dragging Rusty (Jacob Zachar) around town to help pick up the flowers for Kiki’s wedding. When the two discover that the order was never placed, they have to come up with a plan of action — a plan that backfires and puts both of them in the emergency room with identical allergic reactions. The unexpected common bond leads them to share a kiss.
Rebecca (Dilshad Vadsaria), in the meantime, soon finds herself in new territory as she kisses Ashleigh’s openly gay big sis, Robin (Anna Osceola), in one of the bachelorette party game – sparking Rebecca’s curiosity.
GREEK is executive produced by Lloyd Segan, Shawn Piller, Anne Kenney and John Ziffren. The show is created by executive producer Patrick Sean Smith. Michael Berns and Mark Stegemann also serve as co-executive producers. The ensemble cast includes Jacob Zachar as Rusty, Spencer Grammer as Casey, Scott Michael Foster as Cappie, Jake McDorman as Evan, Clark Duke as Dale, Dilshad Vadsaria as Rebecca, Paul James as Calvin, Amber Stevens as Ashleigh and Tiffany DuPont as Frannie. ABC
Episode 2.17: Guilty Treasures Airdate: May 11, 2009
- Dr. Magda Stephanopoulos: In her 50s, attractive and intimidating, with long hair and a professional, stylish-looking suit, she is a renowned, extremely intelligent scientist who has come to campus to recruit research assistants for a month-long project at Oxford. Dr. Magda is tough to impress, and always wants what she can’t have. Dr. Broom: In his 50s, uncongenial, he’s an engineering professor who piles on the workload and makes life unpleasant for Max. He’s annoyed when Max crashes a science faculty party. Omega Chi Pledge: 18-20, male, this Omega Chi Pledge accuses Cappie of theft and is confused when Evan contradicts him. Waitress: 20s. This waitress at Gentleman’s Choice tells Wade that the disco balls he’s brought belong to the other club. Source: SpoilerTV
Episode 2.18: Divine Secrets Airdate: May 18, 2009
Episode 2.19: Social StudiesAirdate: May 25, 2009
- Delia: 18-20, female, sexy, sharp and flirty, she’s a women’s study student who knows Cappie well, and plans on studying with him for midterms. Michelle: 18-20, female, equally sexy and sharp as Delia, she’s also a women’s study student who knows Cappie well, and plans on joining him and Delia for a study session. Tiny: Late 30s to 40s. Male. He is the rather large owner of a car impound lot. Source: SpoilerTV
Episode 2.20: Isn’t It Bro-Mantic? (Season finale) Airdate: June 1, 2009
- Grant: 18-21, male, this extremely hot, fit, preppy OX brother is a great guy. So, Calvin is a bit surprised when Grant comes out to him at a fraternity function. There’s a lot of chemistry between these two, but when they become one another’s roommates, it’s unclear whether Calvin will ever act on his attraction, or whether he will keep things platonic and unmessy. Possibly recurring. Alice: 18-21, female, this extremely intelligent, cute, and winning coed is a new member of the Amphora club, an elite club that Evan and Cappie have also been invited to join. The two old rivals are both smitten with Alice and vie bitterly for her attentions. Bjorn: 20s, male, this attractive and personable Swedish waiter is initially charmed by Casey, but as she grows progressively more tipsy and annoying, he can’t wait to present her bill and get her out of his station. Hostess: 20s, female, the hostess at a posh local restaurant, she’s not amused by Rusty’s somewhat inept attempt to impress her. Source: SpoilerTV
- Greek‘s stereotype-shattering gay brother, Calvin, is going to literally have his hands full this semester. Gregory Michael is joining the ABC Family hit as a love interest for Calvin, sources confirm. Michael’s character is described as a genetically-blessed, closeted Omega Chi active who comes out to Calvin — which is all well and good until the two end up rooming together. Sexual tension abounds, as does some serious heavy petting (or whatever it is the kids are calling it these days). Michael will recur throughout Greek‘s new season. Source: The Ausiello Files
- Helen Slater (aka Supergirl) is playing a visiting professor and Dean Bowman (aka Cameron Frye, aka Alan Ruck ) will pop up in the most surprising of ways. P.S. Ashleigh apparently has a crush on him. Source: Zap2It’s Korbi TV
- Max is sticking around for the season. But the flame between Casey and Cappie is still lit and we’ll see evidence of that in the months to come. Also, we know the Max thing can’t last forever, since Michael Rady (the actor who plays him) has joined the CW’s Melrose Place remake as a regular. Source: Zap2It’s Korbi TV
- The rivalry between Kappa Tau and Omega Chi is still going strong, especially when the K.T.’s steal a “campus treasure” and the two fraternities have yet another showdown! Source: Kristin on E!Online
- Sources confirm that ding, dong the witch is dead. The witch in this case being Zeta Beta beeyatch Frannie, played with wicked zeal by Tiffany Dupont. Although a rep for the ABC Family hit declined comment, my Greek mole tells me that Dupont will not be returning as a series regular for the show’s just-announced third seaso. The decision, per the source, was primarily a creative one, although budget considerations were a factor as well. […] I’m told producers hope to bring Dupont back as an occasional guest star. Source: The Ausiello Files
- Both Rebecca and Ashleigh dabble in kissing girls this season, and they’ll like it. One of the girls even hits up another ZBZ sister. Source: Kristin on E!Online
- Sources on the set tell me the Iota Kappa Iota house is already in full swing. Because of the IKI (pronounced “icky,” tee hee) house, Zeta Beta Zeta is going to be desperate for girls, and will even pair up with the Kappa Taus for a party. When it goes down, Cappie and Casey will get into a huge fight over the fact that a nongreek male is in attendence…Max! Yup, he’ll be sticking around CRU. […] Calvin might be getting a boyfriend. (Might.) He meets a hottie at the gym named Jess who seems to be flirting with him, but when they get together later to watch a football game, the messages are more mixed. Source: Kristin on E!Online
- Evan’s getting an older brother, to be played by Step Up 2 stud Robert Hoffman. Source: TV Guide Online