Episode 4.01: Title Unknown (Season premiere) Airdate: October 9, 2009
The series is currently looking for a female African-American with a Bermuda accent to play a maid; a female salon customer from Queens; a very good looking and masculine man in his 30s; and a wealthy male customer at an upscale restaurant. Source: SpoilerFix.com
Episode 4.02: Title Unknown Airdate: October 9, 2009 at 9 p.m.
The episode will introduce Maliq, a potential recurring character. This teenager is said to be the popular high school bully. Source: SpoilerFix.com
[JOAN] female, mid 30’s-40’s, attractive, professional, HR manager of Meade Publications. Please submit all ethnicities. 3 scenes. GUEST STAR.
[OLIVINE] female, 50’s-80’s, iconic jewelry designer from the 1960’s or 1970’s. PLEASE SUBMIT STAR NAMES ONLY. All ethnicities. GUEST STAR.
[SCHOOL SECRETARY] female, late 30’s-50, possibly heavy set, works at Queensboro High School, seeking authentic New York character actress. Please submit all ethnicities. 1 line, 1 scene. CO-STAR.
Episode 4.03: Title Unknown Airdate: October 16, 2009
Sopranos vet Jamie-Lynn Sigler is joining the cast of Ugly Betty in the recurring role of Natalie, Daniel’s sexy, spiritual, funny new assistant, sources confirm to me exclusively. Natalie replaces Betty, who was promoted to features editor in last May’s season finale. Source: The Ausiello Files
Actress Smith Cho, who played Zoe on NBC’s short-lived Knight Rider reboot, has found a new set of wheels. She’ll debut on Ugly Betty’s two-hour Oct. 9 season premiere as Betty’s quirky new office mate, Megan. With Betty promoted to features editor, she’ll be looking for new friends, which won’t come easy considering everyone knows she’s the boss’ favorite. Megan, who is a recurring character, is not sure what to make of Betty. TV Guide Magazine
- Rescue Me’s Adam Ferrera is guest starring as a queens contractor who crosses paths with Hilda. (Michael Ausiello)
- It looks like the musical episode is finally going to happen in the spring. (Michael Ausiello)
- It looks like the musical episode is finally going to happen in the spring. […] Rescue Me‘s Adam Ferrera is guest starring as a Queens contractor who crosses paths with Hilda. Source: The Ausiello Files
- Mode’s getting a new editor! Her name’s Amber, she’s in her 20s, she’s Asian, and is a master at the backhanded compliment. Casting is under way. Also, I’m hearing (and already laughing) about a possible Mob subplot involving Hilda. Source: The Ausiello Files
- Producers are adding a twentysomething African-American actress in a major recurring role, which makes me to wonder if Wilhelmina’s daughter is about to get an extreme makeover. Source: The Ausiello Files
- Series creator Silvio Horta reveals about next season: We’re going to explore [Justin’s sexuality]. He’ll be going to high school and getting older, so we’ll definitely be exploring that. We want to see Marc and Amanda’s love lives. [Betty’s] braces will be off by the end of next season. Next year, there’s going to be a progression in her look overall. It’ll still be Betty, but you’ll see some growth in that direction. Source: The Ausiello Files
- Question: Will Daniel Eric Gold, who plays Betty ex-BF/boss Matt, be returning to Ugly Betty next season? Ausiello: Not only is he returning, but sources confirm to me exclusively that he’s been promoted to a full-fledged series regular! But don’t take that to mean Matt and Betty will reunite and live happily ever after. In fact, I hear Betty producers are already cooking up a fresh obstacle for the pair, and rumor has it they want him to be lovable and blue collarish. (Think Seth Rogen only much cheaper.) (Michael Ausiello)
- Amanda and Marc will be back next season. (Michael Ausiello)
- Producers are adding a twentysomething African-American actress in a major recurring role, which makes one wonder if Wilhelmina’s daughter is about to get an extreme makeover. (Michael Ausiello)
‘Ugly Betty’ scoop: The braces are coming off!
Are you looking at Matt and Betty as a long-term couple?
SILVIO HORTA: As long-term as it gets in TV. As with any romance, there will be obstacles as well as some misunderstandings before the finale, and it’s going to lead to some juicy stuff next year. Matt’s going to be around and their relationship is going to be changing and growing.
How significantly will Henry’s return threaten their relationship?
HORTA: They’ve both moved on, but they obviously are still an important part of each others’ lives and that’s going to become a complication. There’s going to be feelings of insecurity on Matt’s side, and there are some unresolved things between Henry and Betty.
Speaking of Betty’s exes, might we see Gio again?
HORTA: Potentially, but there are no plans at this point.
Will the issue of Justin’s sexuality be addressed next season?
HORTA: Yeah, we’re going to explore stuff. He’ll be going to high school and getting older, so we’ll definitely be exploring that.
Will Marc find love after Cliff?
HORTA: We’ve been discussing it. We haven’t started breaking the exact stories for next year, but that’s one of the things we’ve really talked about. We want to see [Marc and Amanda’s] love lives.
How would you characterize Ashley Jensen’s departure? Was it mutual?
HORTA: It was mutual. She’s amazing. From the get-go, we found some really good stories for her, but we never found enough to service her character the way we wanted to and the way she wanted to. She wanted to do more, but it was [difficult] with a large ensemble like this to give her more. I hope in the future she’ll come back. She’s an important part of the show.
Will Christina get a satisfying send-off?
HORTA: She will. Next week’s episode will [set things in motion] with Wilhelmina’s baby – or her supposed baby – and it’s going to lead to a lot of complications.
Ana Ortiz gives birth in June. Will we see less of Hilda at the start of next season due to her maternity leave?
HORTA: We may write her a little lighter in the beginning, but we’re not writing her out or anything.
Who is Rachel Dratch playing in the finale?
HORTA: She’s playing a dual role. She’s playing Penny Meadows, an editor at Mode, and she’s also playing Mindy Meadows, her twin sister. It’s a one-time guest stint, but she was great.
The most asked Ugly Betty question from my readers: When is Betty getting her braces off?
HORTA: Her braces will be off by the end of next season. Next year, there’s going to be a progression in her look overall. It’ll still be Betty, but you’ll see some growth in that direction.