Saturday, August 1, 2009 ABC Family will air the 12 episodes that aired January-March from 7 AM to 7 PM. Monday, August 3 the six episodes of season 2 that have already aired will air from 2-8 PM.
(Copyright © 2008 ABC, Inc. )
August 3 “Summertime” (Episode 2-7)
THE SECRET LIFE OF THE AMERICAN TEENAGER – “Summertime” – George tells a secret to Anne, and summer vacation is coming to end, on “The Secret Life of the American Teenager,” on MONDAY, AUGUST 3 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), on ABC Family. (ABC FAMILY/RANDY HOLMES) KEN BAUMANN, SHAILENE WOODLEY
(Copyright © 2008 ABC, Inc. / RANDY HOLMES)
- George makes a big revelation to Anne. If you can’t guess what the revelation is, you clearly haven’t been watching the show this season.
- Summer’s over and school’s back in session. Ashley’s attending high school for the first time. Ricky’s protective of Ashley at school. Ashley meets and quickly befriends a gay freshman named Griffin (Brando Eaton).
- Remember how Ricky and Adrian were discussing their commitment to each other? Well commitment didn’t work out for either of them, as they’re both sleeping with other people.
- Madison dumped Jason but is having doubts about it.
- In class, almost all of the teens are thinking about sex. Henry and Alice have had oral sex. Ben blurts out his thoughts about Amy. Will Ben dump Amy?
August 10 “A New Kind of Green” (Episode 2-8)
Here are some spoilerish pictures (LQ) from episode 2.07 and 2.08.
- Ashley and Griffin made a pact not to date guys in high school but Griffin’s committment to the pact wavers. Ashley has a love interest named Mark.
- Adrian pushes George and Anne together so she can get George’s house for her family.
August 17 “Hot Nuts” (Episode 2-9)
THE SECRET LIFE OF THE AMERICAN TEENAGER – “Hot Nuts” – Adrian and Amy’s fighting escalates and Ricky intervenes, on “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” premiering MONDAY, AUGUST 17 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on ABC Family. (ABC FAMILY/RANDY HOLMES) MARK DERWIN, MOLLY RINGWALD
- Ben may have had sex in Italy and fears his dad knows about it.
- Adrian and Amy continue to fight, leading Ricky to intervene.
- George has a special needs dog that can call 911, which comes in handy when Anne goes into labor. George, Amy, and Ashley help Anne give birth at home.
August 24 “Knocked Up, Who’s There?” (Episode 2-10)
THE SECRET LIFE OF THE AMERICAN TEENAGER – “Knocked Up, Who’s There” – Amy tries to keep Ben’s attention, while Grace makes an impression on Adrian, on “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” premiering MONDAY, AUGUST 24 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on ABC Family. (ABC FAMILY/RANDY HOLMES) RUMER WILLIS, KEN BAUMANN
- The teens attend a church event where Grace is introduced as a girl who everyone knows has had sex. Grace makes an impression on Adrian.
- Ashley spends time with her love interest, Mark. Griffin tells Mark’s mother that Mark’s in love with Ashley.
- Amy gets mad when Ben wants her to talk to a pregnant teen (Rumer Willis). Amy does offer the teen advice. Amy attempts to maintain Ben’s attention.
August 31 “Cramped” (Episode 2-11)
THE SECRET LIFE OF THE AMERICAN TEENAGER – “Cramped” – Amy is jealous when Ashley gets her own room in the garage, while Ricky pursues Adrian but she claims to have moved on, on “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” premiering MONDAY, AUGUST 31 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on ABC Family. (ABC FAMILY/RANDY HOLMES) MEGAN PARK, GREG FINELY
- Amy’s jealous when Ashley gets her own room in the garage. Ricky tells George that Ashley shouldn’t have her own space.
- Although Adrian seems uninterested in him, Ricky pursues her anyway.
- While trying to buy feminine protection for Grace, Jack runs into Grace’s mom Kathleen–who’s with a younger guy and is buying condoms.
- Betty’s having a yard sale to get rid of her hooker stuff as she prepares to marry Leo.
September 7 No known title (Episode 2-12)
This will be the last episode of 2009. The show will probably return in January.
Probably January 2010
“You Don’t Know What You’ve Got”
- Maria, the Italian girl who Ben met in Italy, shows up in town. Ben hides her in his closet but when his father exits, Ben and Maria make out! Ben stops this because he’s still with Amy. Maria calls her father and tells him she wants him to get Ben for her!
- The teens skip school to go to the beach. Leo’s mad because Ben takes Leo’s new Mercedes. Maria shows up at the beach; through binoculars, Anne sees the girl kiss Ben.
- Grace admits to Jack she kissed someone; he doesn’t believe it was a quick kiss.
- Mayim Bialik joins the show in the role of Dr. Bink, the new guidance counselor. Unlike her predecessor, she’s a bit mentally unstable and evil.
“Til It’s Gone”
- Kathleen and her boyfriend Jeff (Reid Scott) are discovered in bed by his mother, who’s not at all embarrassed by this.
- Amy flirts with a boy named Jimmy in the grocery store. Jimmy gives Amy the nickname “Pimento.” He’s the son of Anne’s high school boyfriend, Josh, who wants Anne to kiss him.
- Jack thinks Grace is cheating on him by masturbating. She doesn’t care what he thinks, because she’s in a great mood.
“Loved and Lost”
- Ricky apologizes to Adrian for cheating on her, and they kiss.
- Tammy’s parents come to Kathleen, as Tom and Tammy have broken up. We learn Tom wanted sex from Tammy, and wasn’t simply happy with having phone sex. Tom announces to Tammy’s parents and his family that he’s going to marry Adrian because they love each other.
“Just Say Me”
- Griffin is still around with Ashley, who doesn’t have a boyfriend.
- Ben and Amy have split up. A girl asks Ben for help with her Italian homework. Amy pointedly tells the girl that Ben’s very good with Italians. Amy runs into Jimmy again, this time at school.
- A good looking guy asks Lauren out on a date.
- Grace has come up with a new sexual movement called Just Say Me, which is all about masturbation. The girls at school love it, while the guys feel threatened. It makes the news.
“The Second Time Around”
- Amy kisses Jimmy.
- Griffin sends Ashley a pizza–more specifically, he sends her his cousin, a pizza delivery boy who’s 16, named Grant, and who falls madly for Ashley at first sight. The two may make out before the night’s over.
- Will George and Anne get back together? George heads to Mimsy’s house to see Anne; instead, he finds Anne’s high school sweetheart Josh there, holding Anne’s baby. When Anne heads back home to see George, she sees him chatting with another woman, and she leaves before he sees her. (George is chatting with the woman because his dog impregnated her dog.)
[GIRL] Legal 18 to play 16-18. This beautiful young Italian girl comes to visit Ben (Kenny Baumann) after they have spent a summer together in Bologna…ONE-DAY GUEST STAR / ACTOR MUST SPEAK FLUENT ITALIAN
[POLICE OFFICER] 40s. MALE. This by-the-books police officer pulls over some students after they skip school…CO-STAR / PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIESSource: SpoilerTV
This episode starts filming on the 6th July.
[MA] 60s. This woman is Kathleen’s (Josie Bissett) new boyfriend, Jeff’s (Reid Scott) mother. She finds him and Kathleen in bed and has a discussion with them about their future…ONE-DAY GUEST STAR
[JIMMY] Legal 18 to play 16-18. This good-looking guy meets Amy (Shailene Woodley) in the grocery store. He is the son of Anne’s (Molly Ringwald) high school boyfriend. Jimmy and Amy flirt with one another before Anne drags her off.sptv050769..ONE- DAY GUEST STAR / POSSIBLE RECURRINGSource: SpoilerTV
- Shawn Johnson will return to the show in 2010, in scenes with Jack and Grace.
- There will be conflict between Ricky and Amy over who gets to take care of John, and Ricky may take legal action to get what he wants.
- Adrian’s family will eventually move into the house George now owns. Adrian continues to have an on-again-off-again relationship with Ricky, and we’ll learn more of her backstory to explain why she loves sex more than her peers.
- According to Ken Baumann (Ben) something huge happens with Ben around episode 23 of this season; that will probably air in March 2010. Yes, that’s a vague spoiler.
- Amy loses sleep, misses several social events, and struggles juggling a baby, a job, a boyfriend, and her friends.
- Someone slaps Ben.
- Adrian’s parents reunite and move with Adrian into a house. Their neighbors are someone we already know. Adrian continues to have an on-again-off-again relationship with Ricky, and we’ll learn more of her backstory to explain why she loves sex more than her peers.
- Can you give me any scoops on the upcoming season of The Secret Life of the American Teenager? I heard some rumors about a death! — Christina TIM: Those aren’t just rumors, Christina. Someone dies, and the death affects pretty much everyone on the show. You can also expect conflict between Ben and Ricky as they try to share dad duties, and a baby for Molly Ringwald’s Anne Jeurgen — which means her child and her grandson (the baby born to 15-year-old Amy last season) will grow up together. The new season premieres June 22. Source: TV Guide Online
- A significant male character will die early into the season. And something happens as a result of it that will probably piss off the [insert name of conservative TV watchdog group]. (Michael Ausiello) A reader says the death will be Grace’s dad.
- What’s going on with Ricky and Amy’s relationship on The Secret Life of the American Teenager? We caught up with Daren Kagasoff, who plays Ricky, and here’s what he told us: “I think deep down he wants to be with her and he wants to try to make this work, but the stage he’s at in his life right now, it’s just not going to happen. And I think his main focus right now is just trying to be the best dad he can to the kid, regardless of if his relationship with Amy works out. So, that’s his main objective—just taking care of the kid.” Source: Kristin on E!Online
- Rumer Willis is having a baby! At least she’ll be pretending to have one on The Secret Life of the American Teenager. Bruce and Demi’s actress-offspring will play a pregnant teen in an episode to air in mid-August. Secret Life’s second season gets underway June 22. Source: EW